TRADOS recently held a globalization summit in France with attendees from companies such as SAP, VERITAS, FedEx, Credit Suisse, Monster, GlaxoSmithKline, HP, Intel, Symantec, World Health Organization, and Cisco Systems.
According to the press release, executives identified their top five most important global business issues, in order of importance:
- (1) reducing time needed to launch products and campaigns in world markets
(2) increasing customer satisfaction in world markets
(3) reducing globalization costs
(4) expanding into new markets
(5) controlling multinational brands
Interestingly, every one of these issues can be at least partly addressed by an effective global Web site.