I was contacted recently about a rather interesting and specialized job opening in the globalization space. So I thought I’d throw it open to the readers of this blog.
The position is with a very large global company based outside of Grand Rapids, Michigan.
Here is the job description:
The Marketing Manager-Localizations position will report to the Mgr-Localization and Content Management and lead the daily operations of the Global Information Management System. This includes working with the technology team to support workflows and issue escalation as well as liaising with affiliate counterparts via global meetings and phone calls. Also includes defining TM strategies and recommending future direction. Priorities include localization project execution, resource assignments, and user administration as well as issue management. This role helps in developing ongoing strategies for future implementations and integrations.
The successful individual will leverage their proficiency to…
- Deep knowledge of the SDL WorldServer system
- Sound understanding of linguistic requirements, Translation Memory, Terminology Database and glossary management
- Strong background in Production management
- Technical understanding of functionality and capabilities of the WorldServer system.
- Development of strong partnerships with regional and affiliate localization teams
If you meet the qualifications and are interested, send your resume to me at jyunker (at) bytelevel (dotcom) and I’ll forward it along to the HR manager.
NOTE: That this is not a paid posting and I get no finder’s fee.